Izzy is my seizure alert dog. She has served me faithfully for over 4 years, and has saved my life twice. When I was hospitalized, she only left my bed twice a day to potty. She helps me to maintain my independence. She is also a wonderful dog and my best friend.
Last week, she tore the ligament in her knee and needs surgery as soon as possible. She cannot put any weight on her back leg, she cannot get up on my bed, or in the car, and she is in pain.
I am disabled and very low income. I want to help Izzy, like she has helped me, but I cannot do it on my own. I want to get her back on all four feet again, so the two of us can continue to go out in the world and do our volunteer work - visiting vets at the VA.
I am creating a campaign to raise funds for her surgery. I will be updating this blog on a regular basis to let you know how Izzy is doing.
Contributions to her campaign can be made at:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/service-dog-needs-surgeryPlease pass on this information. Every little bit of effort helps.
Thanks


No comments:
Post a Comment